Woodlynne Officer Ryan Dubiel has been charged with two counts of simple assault, and to the best of our knowledge is still just suspended without pay. The Camden County Prosecutor’s Office has released the Officer Dubiel’s body camera footage, as well as the 911 call that brought them in the first place, which you can see below. Given the nature of this video, viewer discretion is advised:
It is important to reiterate a few points here that a lot of you may already know:
- He was supposed to be on administrative duty for his involvement in the shooting last year.
- He can clearly be seen goading the young men, going so far as to calling one “a bitch” as he runs away.
- 3:00 minutes in, the baton comes out.
- His entire demeanor changed as soon as officers from other departments showed up, indicating a level of confidence that strongly suggests that the rest of Woodlynne’s department is already aware of his attitudes.
- Someone authorized his being on the street, and that person is just as responsible for what happened.
- He worked in nine other departments. Nine. And we know that there were similar use of force complaints.
- Other residents reported problems with this officer earlier that same morning.
The next Council Meeting is tonight at 7:30, via Zoom conference. From the Borough Website (www.woodlynnenj.org):
Woodlynne Borough is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 884 3299 4991
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,88432994991#,,1#,689621# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,88432994991#,,1#,689621# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 884 3299 4991
Please join the call and insist that he be terminated immediately.
It is again with heavy heart that I must report to you on something that has just occurred in our community. Earlier this afternoon, police approached a group of youths on a porch near the corner of Parker Ave and Woodlynne Ave, which resulted in one of them being pepper sprayed without warning or provocation.
By this guy:
Look familiar? He should. This is the guy that reports claim beat a handcuffed African-American woman outside of her home after *she* called for their help just a few months ago.
Below is footage that we obtained that was taken during the altercation. We have made no alterations to this video and uploaded it almost immediately upon receiving it. Viewer discretion is advised:
We arrived shortly after, as the young man, in handcuffs, was taken across the street to be rinsed off with a garden hose. Video of what we witnessed is below as well:
This crap needs to stop. It’s been going on for way too long, and the Borough is aware of it. He needs to be terminated, and charges need to be filed.